- 250,327,574 population estimate for the Middle East in 2017.
- 141,931,765 Internet users for March/2017, 56.7% of the population.
- 76,000,000+ Facebook subscribers on Jun/2016, 30.4%+ penetration rate.
Internet/Social Usage in UAE:**
- AE - 9,397,599 population (2017) - Country size: 77,700 sq km
- 8,515,420 Internet users on March/2017, 90.6% penetration, per IWS.
- 7,700,000+ Facebook users on Jun/2016, 83.1% + penetration
Smart Device and Digital Media Penetration:***
- 91 per cent of people in UAE own a smartphone, while 89 per cent of people access the internet daily
- On average, a person in the UAE owns three internet-connected devices, ranging from a laptop, tablet, smartphone, smart TV to a set-top box
- UAE media market set to grow from $2 billion in 2015 to more than $2.2 billion market by 2018
- 18-22 year olds are largest users to social media*
Penetration in audience split by citizens and residents:*
- WhatsApp: 96 per cent
- Instagram: 78 per cent
- Snapchat: 62 per cent
- WhatsApp: 97 per cent
- Facebook: 93 per cent
- YouTube: 75 per cent
Need More? Check out the Hootsuite Report for top 20 social channels of UAE 2017
A detailed article linked to the points marked (*) with a lot more stats from The National
*Source - Khaleej Times
** Source – Internet World Stats Official
***Source – Arab Media Outlook Report
Check out a whole lot more on the Next Web report on Digital Stats here: